The “Observatorio de Cultura y Comunicación” is a center which studies, debates and makes proposals under the concern of the current situation between culture and communications and the use made by policy makers. Our sign of identy is to have an independent, analitical, and critical point of view combined with open and innovating approaches.
- To analyze the new phenomena and trends of cultural practices, and models of communication within a global economy.
- To propose changes and innovations in the cultural policies and public communications in Spain and Europe generated from a critical analysis in order to encourage a better access to culture.
- To promote the feedback between knowledge and the latest trends within culture and Communications. fields.
- To contribute to the cultural cooperation among principal agents in these areas, encouraging global projection of the spanish culture.
- To intercede with independency from a multidisciplinary approach among citizens, public policy makers, creative sectors, artists, producers and other cultural workers contributing to the development for the cultural sectors.
The Centre is directed by the board of Experts of “Alternativas Fundación”. The Board of experts and a team of researchers collaborate and manage the Centre developing the working plan, project planning and identifying new researchers and collaborators.
The “Observatorio de Cultura y Comunicación” publishes its results using different types of documents:
- “Documentos de trabajo” (Work document), is a statement directed towards a reflective view on public policy proposal within culture and communication.
- ”Enfoques de cultura y comunicación” (Cultural and communication views) are the projects about the current issues from specific visions directed to culture agents and public decision makers.
- ”Informe anual” (annual report), is a document of the state of culture in Spain and its global projection.
Observatory organizes Forums, Seminars and Workshops about the consolidation of workplaces in order to strenght cooperation between the private and public sector.Its purpose is to review periodically the "state of health" of the Spanish culture.